My Novels

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Too Funny!

Found this little bit of humor on the 'net today:

CALMNESS IN OUR LIVES

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works, and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr. Phil proclaimed, 'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.' So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a bottle of Kahula, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel.
LOL
~~~~~~~~~~
Nice day, even if brisk. At least the wind died down from yesterday, when it was literally bone-chilling. I haven't been on my bike ride for three days, but hope to go tomorrow.

I did take the dogs on a long walk, and we enjoyed that.

Also, I bought a new electric heater and now have two, along with the propane gase heater. The central heat pump is kaput and I don't want to install an entire system just now. Last night it was in the teens, and very cold, but I survived. The new heater I have looks like a radiator, and has oil that heats up. I really like it, and along with the other electric heater and gas, I hope to survive the winter without the central heat unit. There is nothing wrong with the air conditioning, just the heating unit.

I also took some dog food to the animal shelter, and browsed the dogs there. I saw two cute feist mixes I just loved, and one in particular was tiny, begging for love.

When I got home, I sent an email to a new rescue group in town, and asked about fostering one of the small dogs there. I wouldn't 'own' the dog, just let it live here until a good home is found. Through this group, I would take the dog to Pet Depot each Saturday where it would be in a crate so potential adopters could see it. And that is repeated over and over, until someone takes it and then I get another dog from the animal shelter. This is a great way to prevent having to euthanize the dogs at the shelter, and getting some good homes. I think I can do this, and will give it a try. Plus, I could possibly write some interesting articles and/or a column for the newspaper about this experience.

We'll see. At least I have made a step forward about my New Year's Resolutions!

No comments: