My Novels

Friday, April 16, 2004

Next week promises to be a verrrry busy week: DH is off, and we'll try to build a back porch of some sort. We may start with a deck, and then later put a roof on it. But at least it will be an improvement over the tiny landing and steep steps that go out the back door.

Today is quite warm, near 80 degrees, but I went on my bike ride anyway. I rode mostly in a nearby subdivision. Earlier I scrubbed the bathroom tile again, and it sure looks nice and clean, shiny now. That was a huge task though!

What is going on in Iraq? I doubt that many of you read the Charlie Reese column that I link to at the bottom of this blog, but today he hits the nail on the head when it comes to the latest violence in Iraq. Here's an excerpt:

Vengeance

Here's a story from Arabic folklore. A man returned to his village after an absence of several days. He met his best friend, and they sat down to drink tea.

"Do you remember the man who offended me 25 years ago?" the man asked his friend.

"Sure."

"Well, I killed him two days ago."

"Why were you in such a hurry?" his friend asked.

Now here is a true story reported in the news some months back. An American officer went to the home of a family whose young son had been killed by American soldiers who mistook him for an enemy.

"What compensation would you accept for your son?" the American officer asked.

"Ten dead Americans," the father replied.



You can read the remainder of the column by clicking on the link at the bottom of my blog. But remember this: Iraqis/Middle Easterners DO always get revenge -- no matter how long it takes. Now THAT is a scary thought, huh? GW seems to be living in a fantasy world when he thinks that the USA can CHANGE this most essential practice of Middle Easterners that has survived for decades BEFORE America even existed.

And now, I'm outta here for today!

No comments: