My Novels

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Another busy day/night/day! No reprieve in sight either.

Today I managed to move the stray cat feeder (which consists of a picnic table and shelf underneath for food/water) further from the house. I did a lot of cleaning, and put out two huge food/water dispensers, so the cats should always find something to eat, and water. At this point I am thinking I won't carry the two strays with me, because they are, after all, city cats...born and bred. If they ran off when I took them to the country place, I'd worry they'd died of starvation or got hit on the highway by a car. This way, I can put out food/water when I return here to do the few things I'll have to do before the house is rented. And if I'm lucky, I'll get a cat lover here who will take over my duties as neighborhood stray cat feeder! In my rental info, I've listed cats as welcome, but no dogs. It is apparently difficult to find pet friendly landlords, so I'm hoping to attract a cat lover here.

Last night DH and I took a load of stuff from the closets and kitchen cabinets, and placed it all when we got there. Also, the carpet looks great, almost new! The professional cleaning truly worked wonders. I went to look at a side-by-side refrigerator and washer/dryer yesterday, which DH had picked out. I agreed they were okay, so he'll go back to dickering on price/delivery with the appliance dealer. He loves that sh*t, and will enjoy trying to get some off the regular price! Hopefully those will be delivered sometimes next week, and we'll be set for moving the following weekend.

Very warm, almost hot here today. I didn't ride the bike, because I spent so much time working on the stray cat feeding area. Also, I woke up today with a sore throat; DH said strep throat had been going around at the office, and I sure hope I haven't got that!

And that's it for today.

No comments: