My Novels

Friday, March 14, 2003

The title of this blog is accurate lately: It really is a mad, mad world.

Now we learn that Elizabeth Smart has been found -- although not without major questions about WHY and HOW her abduction and subsequent time with a freaky religious nut affected her. A news media report I saw last night had a psychologist speculating that she was 'easy' to brainwash on the religious angle because her dad/family (being in Mormon land) were obviously freaky religious and had brought her up in a religious manner. I kinda agree, in that once you are totally, blindly accepting of religion, it's rather easy to make you believe almost anything regarding religious ideas. I wonder if that might be the key to WHY she stayed with the weirdo Jesus freak who kidnapped her? Makes you think long and hard about religious practices, and why it's a good idea to be more rational in the REAL world.

And take a look at this news article, if you think war with Iraq is going to create fundamental changes for a democracy in that country as well as the Middle East: Democracy in Iraq doubtful, State Dept. report says -- Social, economic obstacles work against transformation How about Bush, Cheney & Company also being more rational in the REAL world? Here's a quote for Bush about his supposedly Jesus conversion: "One man cannot do right in one department of life whilst he is occupied doing wrong in any other department. Life is one indivisible whole." --Mahatma Gandhi In other words, you can't claim to be a 'Christian' while waging war and killing innocent people. Get a clue, GW.


I read this and wondered, what next? Man arrested for 'peace' T-shirt Perhaps the Gestapo will be after anyone who doesn't have the correct thought by the thought police, huh? Here's an excerpt:

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- A lawyer was arrested late Monday and charged with trespassing at a public mall in the state of New York after refusing to take off a T-shirt advocating peace that he had just purchased at the mall.

According to the criminal complaint filed Monday, Stephen Downs was wearing a T-shirt bearing the words "Give Peace A Chance" that he had just purchased from a vendor inside the Crossgates Mall in Guilderland, New York, near Albany.


I went on my bike ride around noon, after I returned from the library. I found some great novels, and one of my favorite author's, Ellen Gilchrist. A collection of short stories titled, "I, Rhoda Manning, Go Hunting with My Daddy & Other Stories" I'm really looking forward to reading that! I also got some suspense fiction, by an author I've never heard of, but who seems to be similar to Thomas Cook. Eagerly anticipating those novels too.

Rainy early, then clear...and cooler today. I'm glad it cooled down somewhat, since it was about to get uncomfortably warm here...far too early in the year. I dread the heat/humidity of summer, and have to confess that air conditioning is the ONE creature comfort I just don't think I could do without!

I'm back to 90 lbs this morning. Eating homemade veggie soup one night, then a chef salad the next night made me lose a pound. Can't complain as long as I stay at 90!

Toodle-do till next time! :-)

No comments: