My Novels

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Tammy Why-not

Okay, so that is a poor twist on Tammy Wynette's name...but let's face it, she got married so often, I always called her that because if a man asked to marry her, I assumed she thought, "Why-not?"

I just read a book by her daughter: "Tammy Wynette--A Daughter Recalls Her Mother's Tragic Life & Death." Well, I can only say with a daughter like that, who needs enemies? I think Tammy's daughters were pissed they didn't get much after their mother's death. So they went after the only man who'd managed to "Stand by his woman" for 20+ years. Definitely a fascinating book, if only because it is interesting how the daughter comes off looking for all the world like a very resentful, angry child. In that aspect, I can totally understand her rage/wrath -- Tammy was hardly ever there for them when they were growing up, and apparently money (though it can buy nannies) isn't enough for a child to forgive and forget. So perhaps Tammy just wrote them all off, as they probably did her long before she died (and left the daughters practically nothing in her will). Ah, be careful what you write! (sigh)

However, one of the most fascinating quotes I've ever read about suicide was included in this book, regarding Wendy O. Williams, the lead singer for a punk-rock group called The Plasmatics (who actually performed with Tammy when she was trying to revamp her act). Here's the girl's words left after she committed suicide:

"For me, much of the world makes no sense, but my feelings about what I am doing ring loud and clear to an inner ear and a place where there is no self, only calm."

Oh how well ANY OF US who have contemplated suicide understand this statement. I'd just never seen it written so clearly, so perfectly to state EXACTLY what it is like to find life no longer worth living. A treasure of a statement!

Otherwise, we finally got some rain here. April showers have, indeed, arrived. It rained last night, and part of the morning; I went on my bike ride around noon, and it was cooler, somewhat misty...a wonderful ride!

I finally ordered a new digital camera, and it should be here sometimes next week. Can't wait to get it, since I want to take photos/video of the dogs. I am thinking of creating a YouTube site, so I can upload funny video of the dogs/cats. I LOVE making mini-movies, and sometimes the dogs do such hilarious stuff I can't help but want to share it with others via the internet. Lots to learn, but it should be fun. At least a distraction and new interest to keep me occupied.

No comments: