My Novels

Wednesday, February 19, 2003

We're having one of those unseasonably mild, wonderful days here today. Partly sunny, in the low 60s, no wind...perfect for biking, which I did early this morning. I also had a great dream before waking, about Gary Cooper. You can read about it in my Dream Journal, which has a link on the right sidebar of this blog page.

I also went shopping, and found a nice little 'consignment shop' nearby. Basically they take in quality used furniture and/or antiques and sell them for the owners on commission. I didn't find anything extraordinary, but I DID like some lovely white Plantation Shutters that would fit my formal living room windows. We are planning on redoing that room soon, and I'm going with very light, bright colors so the shutters would be an excellent, classy touch. They were priced at $105.00, but that is negotiable. Still, I need to find out what new ones cost before buying those.

Now...for what I consider GOOD news, at last. It seems that Dick Gephardt will run for President, and I for one, will be voting for him in the Democrat primary. I've always liked him and his policies, and think he would be a GREAT President. Here's a link for anyone interested in his announcement today, and the focus of his candidacy:

Gephardt Announces Presidential Run


(AP) Rep. Dick Gephardt, D-Mo., announces his intention to seek the Democratic nomination for the...


ST. LOUIS (AP) - Rep. Dick Gephardt, a 26-year veteran of Congress and the former House Democratic leader, announced his second candidacy for president Wednesday, pledging to repeal President Bush's tax cuts to finance "quality health coverage for everyone who works in America."


===
Frankly, I don't know if he could have any success with trying to help those who NEED health care, but at least he is willing to try...unlike Bushie who is only interested in seeing the wealthy get wealthier and the poor get poorer.

And on that note, here's a link to an interesting article about the sagging economy:

Economic Forecast: It's Worse Than You Thought

Take a look at it if you have time. It's a very accurate prediction, I think.

I am going to close with this quote, which has been attributed to Bushie. I haven't searched to see if it's true, but if so, I believe he's lost his mind, as so many religious fanatics do.

I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George H. W. Bush

No comments: