My Novels

Friday, February 07, 2003

Not much happening today. Overcast, very cold...in the 30s with stiff wind. I didn't ride the bike, just couldn't deal with that cold wind. I thought maybe if I stayed out of the cold for a few days, the lingering effects of this cold (sinus drainage, coughing) would finally go away. I weighed only 91 this morning, and was pleasantly surprised, since I ate well yesterday but didn't bike.

DH brought a car by for me to look at, drive. I'm thinking of getting another car, and this one was nice. I liked it, and the price was right, but it has an uneveness in the motor when idling. If DH gets that checked out, and it's nothing...we might buy this one. I have an older (10 years old) car, and the air conditioning compressor went bad at the end of last summer. That is costly to replace, and we'd been thinking of getting another, newer car anyway, so we're looking around for another one. We'll see, I guess.

I'll close today with a quote I like:

Read, every day, something no one else is reading.
Think, every day, something no one else is thinking.
Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do.
It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
--Christopher Morley

No comments: