My Novels

Saturday, February 08, 2003

Busy day, as usual. First I had to run errands in town. I did some grocery shopping, then picked up a couple of rental movie videos. We have a supermarket that rents videos 2 for $1.00. You can't beat that. I rented "Swordfish" and "Blackhawk Down," neither of which we've seen. We're a little slow in getting up to speed on movies, though we do rent them occasionally. Don't subscribe to any pay movie cable though, so rentals are our only option.

When I got home, I went on my bike ride. I went farther and longer than usual, for I know I won't be able to go tommorrow, since there's predictions of rain all day. It IS cold today, only about 40 degrees, but no wind, so it wasn't unbearable. I weighed 90 lbs again this morning, so I'm satisfied. Always happier at the low end of my weight range!

Here's a few quotes that define some of my anti-religious convictions:

"A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets." --Arthur Clarke

"Ideas have consequences, and totally erroneous ideas are likely to have destructive consequences." --Steve Allen

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived. -- Isaac Asimov

"To think that the ruler of the universe will run to my assistance and bend the laws of nature for me is the height of arrogance." --Dan Barker


Ta, ta till next time!

No comments: