My Novels

Thursday, January 23, 2003

It's quite difficult to type around a cat lying in your lap, but that's what I'm doing. I'm using my laptop though, and it's keeping me warm too. Here in Dixie we're having an artic blast, near 5 degrees tonight. Yikkes! My cats are inside, as they are every evening for play and petting/pampering; hence, Buddy is sitting on my lap. There's always a tussle over which one of the 8 cats gets the privilege of sitting on my lap, and he won out tonight.

Back to the weather: we awoke to a light dusting of snow this morning, and temps never made it past 24 degrees. It was sunny but windy, which made me just want to huddle in the house -- and that's exactly what I did. I miss my bike ride, and didn't use the ski machine...but will use it tomorrow. It's only going to be in the 20s again, so I guess I'll stay indoors. Other than going outside to put out food for the stray cats and fill bird feeders, I didn't venture out. The snow all melted, but schools were closed, and will be again tomorrow due to the extremely frigid temperatures. Nothing like living in the South during winter!

My 8 cats stay on a huge sunporch most of the time, but come indoors at night. I have several heat lamps out there, but fear it might be too cold for them tonight, so I will probably let them stay indoors. I worry about the strays, but they usually manage to get under someone's house -- like the one nextdoor that has a couple of places for access and has the central heating/cooling vents under there. I saw several (the usual customers) out there eating today where I keep food, and they all looked fine. I also have an insulated dog house out there, piled with quilts/blankets for stray cats, hay around it where it's up on cement blocks off the ground. Perhaps some strays are staying in that.

I finished the novel I was reading, "The Bigamist's Daughter" and will try to write a detailed review of that tomorrow for this journal.

Guess that's all for tonight.

No comments: