My Novels

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

As usual, I spent the entire morning busy. I got up at 7:30, after a shorter night's sleep. I watched the movie, "Nurse Betty" last night, after I went to bed. I had recorded it earlier, and unfortunately the last 30 minutes was missing! Bummer. But it comes on again today on USA network, so I'll record the missing part and watch it later. It was a strange movie, funny sometimes and sad at other times. All the actors/actresses are great though. Anyway, I didn't get to sleep till around 1:00 and that meant I got less sleep. I feel pretty good though.

After my breakfast of cereal, I went on the bike ride -- and ran into the fat guy who is the caretaker. Once again, he drove his pickup all the way into the park, blocking the bike trail because he's too damn lazy to walk to the restrooms to do his work. I don't equate ALL fat people with being lazy, but some sure are! At any rate, I went riding on the streets -- up and down the steep, steep hills. Better exercise really, yet my knees can't take too much of the steep inclines.

When I got back home, I tackled cleaning up the stray cats' feeding area. I have an older wood picnic table with a cover over it, and underneath a wood box upturned where I put their feed/water. I usually move this around between about three spots so as to prevent the grass dying underneath, and treat for pests. I cleaned the feeding box, turned it upside down and swept it clean, then put some Sven dust there to stop ants, spiders, etc. All that took over an hour, but everything is fresh and clean, plus I sprinkled Sven dust along the fence where the strays walk and/or lie so they'll get some on them and it will help prevent flea infestations. I hosed down all the feeding/water dishes, scrubbed out my other cats' litter boxes...quite a task, all in all.

After my shower, I had some housework to do...and finally got to the computer. I printed out a sample flyer I'm thinking of posting, about the part-time pet sitting work. I need to make a few adjustments, but I may post it sometimes before this weekend. Goodness knows I am capable of caring for critters! And VERY experienced!!!

I'll close with something light and funny...but with a bit of truth too. This is taken from Clintonholics Website -- for GOP who can't seem to shake their obsession/addiction to bashing the Clintons!

The Twelve Steps of Clintonholics Anonymous

1. We admitted we were powerless over Bill Clinton, and although he is no longer president, our obsession with him had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of James Carville as we understood Him.

4. Stopped making searching and cowardly moral inventories of others and got our own hypocritical houses in order.

5. Admitted to Henry Hyde, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have Gawd remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Bill to forgive us.

8. Made a list of all Clintons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to the Clintons wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, unlike Rush Limbaugh, promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with our inner Bubbas as we understood them.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Clintonholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.


And that's all she wrote today!

No comments: