My Novels

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving to All

I hope everyone who reads my blog will have a great Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. Or if you prefer solitude, then a peaceful, quiet day.

DH and I will be spending the day at my sister's house, with family. It should be a nice gathering, since we all get along well -- with the exception of my youngest sister who has finally gotten out of jail. Her bond was conditional, and depends on her NOT causing any disturbance at my mother and step-dads' home. Since she physically attacked them, and that was part of the reason for her arrest (as well as long-standing drug abuse) she will probably not show at my other sister's house on T-Day.

I do dread the Christmas holidays. And I'm thinking seriously of taking a hiatus from this blog until it's all over. I am always morose, sad, miserable from the beginning of December until New Year's Day and just hate to have a "pity-party" or pass along my bad mood to any readers. Of course, my birthday is in early December and that only adds to my depression.

At any rate, life goes on here. Unfortunately another cat appeared at my back door last night; and naturally, I fed it. "It" turned out to be a female, but very young...probably around 6 months or less. I DO NOT need another black-and-white FEMALE cat; I have 7 now, but I'm a sucker for a hungry critter so I'm feeding her --for now.

DH has a lot of vacation time to take before the end of the year, so he'll be home more and we'll be busy with one project or another around here. I'm sure that may help me avoid the worst of my bleak "holiday" mood.

The renter in our city house had a minor problem with the heating unit last week, and we actually went inside to assist her. I was glad to see that everything is in good shape, at least as well as we left it. Also, I was surprised to see her two dogs are very, very well-behaved; she had them shut in a bedroom, and when they started to bark she said, "Hush!" Believe it or not, they did! No more was heard than a low whimper the whole time we were there. Heh, I'm impressed; my cats won't do a thing I tell them! :-)

With that, I'm outta here. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's funny because I'm also depressed most of the month; and it doesn't help that my birthday is in early December, too. I decided to forget all holidays altogether just to help me feel better.