My Novels

Friday, June 13, 2003

You know, every now and then I do think the world has gone completely mad. For example, during the Iraq war, I thought madness ruled. I mean, how sane can war be? And those who lead us into war? Insane.

Now...look at the world today...is it better for the Iraq war? I see in the news DAILY that there's more USA soldiers killed, more Iraqis killed, more mayhem and disaster. What, exactly, have we accomplished. Do we know FOR CERTAIN that Saddam is dead? Or Osama? What a mess.

I actually DO think the best quote I ever read about terrorism was from a Russian General (I forget his name) who said, "Terrorist are like roaches. If you kill one here, a dozen spring up over there!" Ah, so true. And besides, do we Americans REALLY believe that we can KILL them all? And even IF we eliminated the foreign terrorists, what about our own domestic terrorists? Like the idiot killer sitting in a Birmingham jail right now, Eric Rudolph? And what about the Tim McVeighs who will return from our so-called justified war? What a fool's mission, to think WE can rid the world of terrorism.

Let me give the Government a clue: As long as there are discontented people (and there ALWAYS have been in human history) there WILL be terrorism and crime. Get over it! Stop wasting our tax money on fool's errands! *Now I'll get down off my soapbox!*

What else? I went on my bike ride early, but the park was being mown, so I just rode in the streets. Did some housework, did some other stuff and now at the computer. I NEED to work on my writing, but haven't so far, though I HAVE downloaded a few free writer's software programs I think might help. Oh well.

Enough for today. I'll close with this quote:

A policy that sets the United States above and apart from the rules that other states are expected to follow is ultimately unsustainable and self-defeating. Perpetuating U.S. reliance on nuclear weapons as a key component of protecting U.S. security will only make the acquisition of nuclear weapons more attractive to others, not less. ~ Daryl G. Kimball, the executive director of the Arms Control Association

No comments: