My Novels

Friday, July 12, 2002

Long, long time since my last entry. What is my excuse?

Kittens, kittens, kittens! I have kept all three, and now with 9 cats, I have lots of work to do on their large sunporch! I seem to stay in a run all the time, but I AM enjoying the kittens too. Plus, I was afraid that any person who did take one of the black kittens might not treat them well. People are sometimes strange about black cats.

Otherwise, there was a divorce nextdoor; the girl left, and the guy is still there. But that's okay, since the girl took the baybee with her, and it's quiet as a mouse over there now. The boy makes no noise, and probably sits at his computer when not at work.

I have been a bit depressed also. I found out that the once love-of-my-life died last July 10th. I had always hoped to hear from him again, but now I know I never will. I guess I didn't realize how much I DID still have that tiny hope, till I learned of his death. I keep hearing the song so popular by that young guy on the radio, and this line stands out: "A breath away is not far from where you are." And that describes how I feel about my lost love. Only my death now could reunite us -- IF I believed in human souls and the afterlife (which I don't).

Next month I will have been riding my bike every day for a WHOLE YEAR. Whoopee! Unfortunately, since getting off my blood pressure medication, my BP has risen somewhat. I'm hoping that is only a rebound effect, and it'll soon be normal. I'm not overweight, and I do exercise...so I hope I will not have to go back on the BP medication.

Ho hum, so it goes. The whole world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket: stock market tanked, terrorism warnings, war, misery...what's next?

No comments: