My Novels

Friday, January 04, 2002

I didn't go biking this morning, but will later in the afternoon. I have a busy day ahead, since I have to buy groceries (ugh!) and do a few errands in town. Then some much-needed housework, clean Peeper's cage, do some tasks on the cat's sunporch...so thought I'd make an entry before I get started on all that.

I also seem to have a developing problem with my computer. I have a Compaq Presario that is one-and-a-half years old, but was refurbished when I got it. With only 64 mgs of RAM, it is not nearly fast enough; and therefore, I've had problems with it freezing up occasionally, but now the darn thing won't defrag or run through the whole system tune-up. As a result, it's getting more and more sluggish. I think I'll call one of the local computer shops (where I've had work done before) and see about upgrading the RAM, and having a tech do a tune-up and check it out. It's either that, or buy a new one. And really, I don't NEED a new computer, just for this one to work better, perhaps with an upgrade. In the meantime, I'll have to use an older PC that I still have, but at least it will be better than not having online access at all because there's no telling how long this Compaq might be in the shop (since all PC work seems to take forever!).

I see in the news that the elusive Omar and bin Laden are STILL apparently on the loose. I doubt either will ever be captured -- maybe killed -- but not captured. Plus, I can't help but wonder if some of the other so-called Afghan allies aren't helping hide Omar (possibly even bin Laden too)? Or, as I suggested in one of my earlier entries, perhaps bin Laden is safely harbored by one of his many wealthy Saudi shiek friends. Oh well, we may never know -- even IF the US government makes claims of eliminating them later on. [Just call me a skeptic lately on government truthfulness to the public!]

I'll end today's entry with one of my favorite verses from 'The Book of Counted Sorrows'....

Is there some meaning to this life?
What purpose lies behind the strife?
Whence do we come, where are we bound?
These cold questions echo and resound
through each day, each lonely night.
We long to find the splendid light
that will cast a revelatory beam
upon the meaning of the human dream.
~~~~~

Ah yes, I think our human life IS but a dream and then...oblivion.

No comments: