My Novels

Saturday, April 03, 2010

April Saturday

April showers have officially started. The past week was picture-perfect, warm and sunny -- ideal for the curb appeal project I'm having done. When it's completed, I'll get a few photos to post.

March started with a freak snow:



While we did have warmer weather, we also had lots of rain. The ground was saturated at times, creating drainage issues around my house/yard. It was actually a good time to have that looked at, and part of the curb appeal project is also addressing the drainage problems.

I'm itching to get started on planting my two small veggie garden plots; I've weeded, got the ground prepped.

I will have a variety of veggies here, tomatoes, green beans & more.


Plastic over the ground to kill off remaining weeds till I plant my lettuce varieties. This will be a salad patch only, herbs, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, a few experimental mixes. This corner of the yard gets some sun, but not a lot -- ideal for fragile lettuce plants.


Rambo sniffing the fresh spring scents

Oscar curled up in his dog bed on one of the cold March days. He might have hoarder tendencies, since he has his chew treat and toy in there with him! LOL

I really don't have much to write about these days or perhaps just very little to complain about? Whatever, mostly my life is going well, though I still haven't closed on the other house. There was a paperwork glitch, which delayed the closing date -- hopefully it'll be next week. At that time, I may have a new central heat/air unit put in since my units are over 10 years old and no longer energy efficient.

I also finally bought a Neuton Battery lawnmower. The one I ordered hasn't arrived yet, but I found a bargain in a local ad, couldn't resist buying it. I got it for only $125.00 -- it's a CE-6, a wider cut with all the attachments. It's almost unheard of to find a used Neuton here in the deep south -- but this man bought it when gas was so expensive a year or so ago. No longer used it. It is in excellent condition, and since the replacement battery is well over $100.00, it was a real bargain. I used it yesterday afternoon, no problem. I wish I'd found this before ordering the new one, but at least I'll have a backup mower, just in case something goes wrong with either one.

I'll close with this little bit of wisdom I found on the internet:

LIFE ACCORDING TO A DOG

If a dog was the teacher, you'd learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

-- Author unknown

No comments: