My Novels

Friday, November 24, 2006

Supernatural Flicks

Okay, not EVERYONE will agree with my rave reviews of the two following films, but I have to suggest you watch them and judge for yourself. I LOVE a good supernatural/horror film, and NOT a necessarily gory movie, but just one that intriques and keeps you guessing...and has psychological implications. Plus, the "good versus evil" theme of mankind/writerly ponderings.

Here's two that will keep you on the edge of your seat, wondering and yet scary, atmospheric and somehow...indefinable:

Gothika Probably the all-time BEST one I've ever seen, and I watch it every time it's replayed on any channel.

Favorite quote from movie (Chole is mental patient, Miranda is the shrink in this interview):

Chloe: He came back again last night and tore me like paper. He opened me like a flower of pain, and it felt good. He sank into me and set me on fire, like he always does. Made me burn from the inside out.

Miranda: How did you know it was the devil?


(Duh?)

Unspeakable Fascinating, disturbing, (some graphic visuals)...and only seen it for the first time tonight. It reminded me of...a man, KC, whom I once wrote/met in prison...and claimed to have supernatural powers. To this day, I'm not sure he didn't. This film was troubling, penetrating, and left me pondering much of my past...and what has occured in the past two years of my life as it might relate to KC.

Now let's see if I can get a good night's sleep! :-(

No comments: