My Novels

Monday, September 11, 2006

About 9/11

Let me just say, as a fairly recent widow, that I think there is entirely TOO MUCH coverage EVERY year about 9/ll. I'm having enough trouble adjusting to the death/loss of my husband, but at least I don't have to watch a "new version" of his death every year on TV. For God's sake, how many, many more versions can there be of that awful day? Give it a rest, I say.

How much of it is politically motivated? MOST of it, I think. Whipping up a Bush supporter base because the elections in November are important to those morons who think the Repugs have fought terrorism successfully. Smoke and mirrors will help cover up the fact that there was NO REASON to overthrow Sadddam in Iraq, of what a horrifying MESS that is, and will remain, for years.

Oh yeah, and about those falling gas prices -- I'm sure it has nothing to do with the upcoming elections in November! (sarcasm)

My life goes on, and I'm still writing the memoir. I'm into Chapter Four, but it's still slow-going. I just read a heart-wrenching memoir (always read/study similar material to what I'm writing) titled, "The Glass House." A must-read for anyone who came from an impoverished, neglectful childhood.

Enough ranting. It's in the wee hours of the morning, and I'm about to finally shut off this laptop and go to sleep.

No comments: