My Novels

Friday, December 03, 2004

Today is my birthday. And I'm actually in a fairly positive frame of mind, feel good. After all, what is the alternative to having birthdays? :-) I'm heading into the city, plan to do some shopping and then browse at the library. My sister visited yesterday, gave me several good books to read also.

Here's an excellent quote about the latest elections here in the USA:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." --H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

A writer, of course, and certainly a genius since he correctly predicted the outcome of our glorious "democracy" in America.

And with that, I'm outta here!

No comments: