My Novels

Friday, December 07, 2001

First the most apparent facts about me: I'm an American, and I'm a 50 year old female.

Ever since September 11th, it's seemed we're increasingly living in a mad, mad world -- hence, the title of my blog.

I sometimes have a skewed vision about the world, and I will not always come down on the side of acceptance for what our country is doing in the world. I am a citizen of the world, and a citizen of my country. I hate killing -- of people, of animals, and general destruction. Perhaps it is necessary sometimes, but I still don't have to like it. Not when anyone, anywhere does it. War is hell, to use a familiar quote -- but sometimes it may be necessary.

Still, when I see the destitute, homeless, weary, sick, starving Afghans...I don't feel good about what is going on over there. How can I feel good about such utter devastation? I can only hope our American government will stay the course and rebuild, help make sure that PEACE will prevail -- as well as a better way of life for those people. Hate breeds hate, and it's going to take more than a lot of bombing and killing to change the course of terrorism, which has deep roots in hatred.

Just my thoughts on this December Day....

No comments: