My Novels

Thursday, December 27, 2001

Blogger has been down due to a security breach, hence my lack of entries the past couple of days. That, and the fact I had a "Christmas From Hell"...but I won't go into it all, only say that it revolves around my in-laws who have never liked me, and with whom I no longer have a relationship. DH still feels obligated to attend a brief Xmas morning get-together with them, and this adds to my awful depression on that day. I guess there's nothing that can be done about it, short of divorce and DH doesn't want one. I would agree to a divorce, because frankly I would be happier probably living totally alone (except for my five cats and parakeet.) Ho hum, so it goes. The only good thing I can say is that the dreaded commercialized, overly sentimental crap Holiday is OVER!!

I also didn't eat a bite all day Christmas; I decided on a 24-hour fast, just as a way to start losing weight. I've lost nearly five pounds, and had forgotten how much I LOVE dieting! Yesterday I ate very little, and felt light, free, almost happy. I also went on my bike ride yesterday and today, but in the mid-afternoon when it's warmer since the temps here have plunged into the teens at night, and only around high 30s in the day. I've enjoyed the riding though, and the brisk air is invigorating! I don't know how much weight I'll lose, because I have a tendency to overdo it. I used to be aneroxic, and still get in that mood when dieting. I am not overweight; I'm 5'2" and weigh about 110 lbs, but I'd love to weigh only 100 lbs. Besides, it's good to feel I can control ONE thing in this mad, mad world we are living in!

I've been browsing news items, and have several excerpts to comment on but will do that later tonight since I'll be online then. For now, I just wanted to make this entry. The oak flooring looks beautiful, and I bought several lovely throw rugs to compliment the room, so it's all done and something lasting from what is otherwise an awful time of year.

More later.

No comments: