My Novels

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow pictures

We had snow Friday, and I took a few pictures. Saturday and today were a break from the awful gray, freezing days...but after midnight tonight, more snow on the way. Luckily here in our immediate area we are only getting a few inches of the fluffy stuff -- most melting soon, not causing road problems.

Yesterday and today I took the dogs on very long walks, enjoying the mild temperatures and sunshine. I love being home, able to let the dogs play fetch in the privacy-fenced yard, sitting on the covered deck/porch. I plan to have comfy furniture out there for spring/summer and sit outside, enjoy the fresh air.

I'm hoping all goes well with the buyers for my other house; however, it will be two weeks before I know if their loan is approved, and then they are doing an FHA deal, which can be up to 45 days after that. I told the realtor that if the house inspection turns up anything, I won't fix it; nor will I drop the price one penny. I'm taking a small loss as it is, but will not compromise any further. So who knows what will happen? Not going to count my chickens before they hatch, that's certain.

At any rate, here's a few of the photos from the recent snowfall:

The front yard, and the magnolia DH & I planted many moons ago. Initially it was much larger, but an ice storm in the 90s broke part of it off. Click the photo and you might see the small ivy plants and cedar I've put out lately.

My next-door neighbor's huge trees/cedars; it was snowing when I took this photo.

This is the back yard; if you enlarge the photo (click it) you might see the tiny ivy twigs and cedar I transplanted.

Oscar, confused about the "white stuff." He wouldn't go out to do "business" all day -- would stick his nose out the doggie door, run back inside. Finally when the snow stopped, nature called and he went out! LOL

1 comment: