My Novels

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Optimist? Opportunist?

Good question, don't you think?

I made "contacts" during my somewhat brief stint at the newspaper -- important ones. Ones that can lead to employment in a better environment. I don't want to elaborate on this, but suffice to say, the "fruits" of my labor are looking productive.

Otherwise, I'm in an upbeat mood -- which must be a 'first' for me during this season. I'm enjoying the lack of pressure/stress, take the dogs on long walks every day, have lost 3 pounds and eating much better.

I rented some movies to watch over the holiday, and plan to hibernate and enjoy myself. I had hardly watched a movie during the past six months, due to being so absorbed by work/ideas/stress. Now I can play catch-up with movies AND novel reading. I've read two novels in less than a week, with more ready and waiting. I have MISSED novels/reading; it's like missing my soul.

Later this afternoon, my sister/bro-in-law/nephew are arriving and have several items we've swapped out -- I let them have my laptop (which I never used) in exchange for a TV/DVD player for my bedroom. Plus, they'll set it all up for me.

Not mentioned in this blog yet, but I bought a new Emachines desktop computer for my xmas gift to myself this year. 21.6 inch flat screen, Windows Vista, nice. Love it so far. My old Emachine got infected with viruses/spyware, and I plan to wipe it and restore to factory CD when I have time. Nothing else was wrong with it, just the malicious virus/spyware.

Soooooooo, I'm still happy. And wondering what is beyond that next closed door.

No comments: