My Novels

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm staying at a friend's place, someone I met via email/writing a few years ago, and it has been VERY relaxing! In the Arkansas Ozarks, I'm in a rustic log cabin surrounded by wilderness...and nothing but nature's soothing sounds. I have always wondered what it would be like to be totally alone, no human in sight and have REAL solitude. It IS wonderful...at least for awhile. But then, one does begin to feel a bit isolated.

Imagine, no tv, no radio, no newspaper...nothing of the outside world to intrude. I have made some progress on writing too, and that is the best part of this retreat. But tomorrow I will head home, and back to all the distractions of my life. However, I certainly have gained some perspective on my personal problems, which seem unimportant in the greater scheme of things. Living in a wilderness area has had a great impact in that regard.

More when I'm home again.

No comments: