My Novels

Thursday, May 19, 2005

New photos posted below. I took these early this morning, and the sunlight was slanting across our backyard and garden. We've already had some of the thriving salad spinach, and it is delicious (and healthy) for a salad with our meals. The long-leaf lettuce is slower, but also doing well. I have had two radishes already, and hopefully it won't be too long until I have carrots and tomatoes (though it may be awhile yet.) Our weather has been somewhat dry, so I've been watering the garden every other late afternoon with the water hose, but maybe we'll get rain tonight.

Critters are thriving as well, and Mr. Slick has a habit of sticking his head out the barn doors when I am outside since he KNOWS I often bring him treats, like apples or carrots or loaf bread. He has become such a spoiled pet, and has been here in the pasture since we moved in over a year ago. I have to admit I'm liking the place more and more (though I will always have bouts of homesickeness for the town-life, I guess).

My sister is doing exceptionally well; at her last checkup the surgeon told her to start doing light housekeeping to get some exercise, just not lift anything heavy. That is GOOD news. One of my other sisters, however, learned she will need some surgery this summer. But it is nothing as serious as breast cancer.

DH will go for an extensive medical checkup next week, lots of tests to find out how he's doing since his heart attack. The cardiologist will have the results in two days, and we'll both go in for his visit, learn what the results are. I'm hoping for GOOD news, though DH does seem to tire easily now. Perhaps it is the medication, and maybe some of it can be reduced if his checkup shows he is doing well.

I've been searching on the web for a new desktop computer, just haven't decided yet what kind I want. This '97 model is verrry slow, and I need an upgrade! :-)

So it seems life is smooth and easy now. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll continue this way...but one never knows.

No comments: