My Novels

Friday, April 08, 2005

Just a brief update to state that there's more bad news from here: my younger sister has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. There is NO history of breast cancer (or cancer for that matter) in our family -- but you know my latest rantings on genetic history.

It was a serious shock to us all, as she is only age 50, three years younger than myself. She'd always had cysts in her breast from time to time, but the GYN she sees had led her to believe that the one there for a YEAR was not cancer. Unfortunately after another lump AND calcification were found, she was sent to consult with a surgeon and the biopsy was done.

I feel like I'm in the "Twilight Zone" again, and cannot find my way out.

More when I'm over the shock and can write coherently.

No comments: