My Novels

Friday, February 01, 2002

Been a fairly busy day. I woke up around 5:00 this morning, and started thinking about tax issues regarding the sale of quite a bit of stock in late September. I was wondering about getting all the records together, so my brother-in-law, who is a CPA, can do our taxes soon. That kept me awake till around 7:30, but I finally drifted off to sleep and didn't wake again until 9:30. So I still got enough sleep.

Earlier today I went to the grocery store, then on the bike ride. It stormed last night, and was still overcast this morning but is clearing out now. The temps have fallen into the low 50s, which made it brisk for riding; a wind was blowing, and I had to fight that, but otherwise, it was a great ride.

When I got home, I then went in search of all the pertinent records of the stock sales, so I could stop worrying about that. I do keep good records, and always store the brokerage statements together by month/year...and I'm glad it wasn't a difficult task. I still have a couple of items to get lined up about other financial matters, but that should be no problem. The financial stuff seems to grow by the year, and now we've got funds in a variety of banks and a brokerage, IRAs, Roth IRAs, you name it! Having savings is sort of a juggling act, but I can't complain, since we are lucky that we've been able to save and have such benefits, plus my DH's guaranteed pension.

Here's some links and article excerpts:

BuzzFlash News --This is a liberal antidote to the Drudge report, so stop by if you like another perspective!

~~~~~~~

FringeFolk Protests --Excellent site for those who think the Supreme Court appointed our current Prez; it has a variety of articles, likeminded people, and great ideas for peaceful protests. Nice to know I'm not alone in still being annoyed/angry about our last election (if you can call it an election!).


~~~~~~~~

Seems our good buddies, the Saudi royal family, are starting to be more candid/honest. Here's an interesting article excerpt. I still think bin Laden is in Saudi Arabia being harbored by one of his wealthy shiek supporters.

Don't Weaken Arafat, Saudi Warns Bush

In a wide-ranging interview, Prince Nawwaf bin Abdul Aziz, the kingdom's director of the intelligence service, also acknowledged that after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, the vast majority of Saudi young adults felt considerable sympathy for the cause of the Saudi-born terrorist Osama bin Laden, even though they rejected the attacks in New York and Washington.

A classified American intelligence report taken from a Saudi intelligence survey in mid-October of educated Saudis between the ages of 25 and 41 concluded that 95 percent of them supported Mr. bin Laden's cause, according to a senior administration official with access to intelligence reports.


And that's it for today.



No comments: