My Novels

Monday, February 25, 2002

DH and I had a pleasant drive in the country yesterday afternoon. We were gone over three hours, and it was great to get out of this house and city, to enjoy the rural scenery. When we got back, I decided I needed some exercise, and went on a long bike ride; I had to ride in the street though, since the park was full of kids playing because of the beautiful weather -- around 70 degrees, sunny. But we're supposed to be in for some rain tomorrow, possibly mixed with wet snow, and a cold front will then hit Dixie.

Today I went on the bike ride early, and even then got hot. It's around 70 today also, and I didn't even need a jacket today. Then I went to Wal-Mart, and found a great bargain. In their electronic clearance section, I found a small device that sends/receives email. It is called PostBox email, and is just a little smaller than a laptop. It was marked down from $100.00 to only $30.00, so I got it...although it would only be useful if I didn't have my computer for some reason. You have to have an account with Outbound, but it's less than $10.00 a month. I won't signup or use the appliance though, unless I need it. It uses batteries or an A/C adaptor. I continue to collect electronic stuff -- even if I don't need it!

Haven't worked on my sci-fi story, except for doing more research. I've been researching Eta Carina, a star that might go super-nova soon...and hope to use that in my story eventually. I did write out a detailed plot though, which will help me stay on course as I write the story.

It's late now, got to get busy with the evening meal.

I'll close with this wise quote: "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: