My Novels

Wednesday, February 27, 2002

Woke up to an inch of snow this morning in Dixie! And it wasn't even predicted in the weather forecast.

When I looked out the window shortly before going to sleep around midnight last night, the moon was so bright I could see everything in the yard. So I was surprised to find an inch of fluffy white pristine snow this morning! We're having frigid temps today, and it's only around 25, but most of the snow did melt when the sun came out. The streets were not bad; city schools were open, but county schools were closed. For me, this meant no bike ride today; I just couldn't brave that 25 degree weather and the north wind!

I wrote another segment for my sci-fi story yesterday, and continue to do extensive research, weaving facts into my fiction. That is taking most of my time these days, and I stay busy, occupied.

Here's an interesting, somewhat alarming article:

U.S. to Weigh Computer Chip Implant

``The problem is that you always have to think about what the device will be used for tomorrow,'' said Lee Tien, a senior attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a privacy advocacy group.

``It's what we call function creep. At first a device is used for applications we all agree are good but then it slowly is used for more than it was intended,'' he said.

* * *
Yeah, I heard that! Imagine having a computer chip in your body so you could be constantly tracked...and by the government, no less. I think NOT, so I'll opt out.
~~~~~~~

That's it for today. Brrr, trying to stay warm!!!


No comments: