My Novels

Tuesday, February 05, 2002

Brrrrrr, it's COLD in Dixie today! We're supposed to get 2-3 inches of either ice or snow tonight, and I'm hoping it's SNOW, not ice. The snow is beautiful and not as deadly/destructive as the sleet storms. The heavy ice on treelimbs can ruin evergreens, such as the huge magnolia in my front yard and the many pines and cedars in the back yard.

I went on my bike ride early this morning, and it was about 25 degrees! But still, I enjoyed the brisk, fresh air, and dressed warmly, wearing gloves and my toboggan. I probably won't get to go tomorrow or the next day, but after that, the temps will warm and melt any remaining snow/ice. Everything literally comes to a stop here when it snows, since the city doesn't have equipment to clear the streets. Once, we didn't get postal mail for a week; the snow was about 5 inches, and nothing much moved -- schools closed, etc. We rarely get that much snow/ice, and I suppose the city street department just doesn't think it's worth investing in expensive equipment for only an occasional snow problem.

I have a favor to ask of anyone reading this: Would you email me and let me know if you have just read one or two entries, or if you get this site on your Palm via Avantgo, or have become a regular reader? I'm just curious if anyone is reading on a daily basis. Here's my email address: madmadworlddiary@aol.com --Thanks!

I don't have much else to report today. I saw the movie, "Patch Adams" for the first time last night on network TV; it was quite good, and certainly, doctors could use a bit of compassion and empathy for patients! I'm still unable to really get involved in reading fiction, but I keep trying. Maybe I've just not had any good novels to read!?

Till tomorrow...I'll end with this quote:

"The freest government cannot long endure when the tendency of the law is to create a rapid accumulation of property in the hands of a few, and to render the masses poor and dependent." -- Daniel Webster


No comments: