My Novels

Monday, December 18, 2006

Understanding grief

Excellent article online here:

Bereavement and Grief

Perhaps some insight for those who have never lost a loved one, either husband or whoever was the most important person in their life.

Horrid day. Had to have plumbers out to repair leaking shower, which ended up with new shower equipment, hole in the wall to get to pipes for replacement, new apparatus in commode so it would flush properely. Dropped nearly $500.00 on that puppy...but hey, at least the plumber showed up and did the job TODAY. Called this morning, so that is kinda warp speed for most jobs.

Yesterday my nextdoor neighbor installed a doggie door for me -- free. Said it was an early Christmas gift. He did it in 30 minutes -- like DH could have. It's amazing what you can do with the right tools and a bit of know-how.

Oscar LOVES the dog door, is constantly in and out. But Rambo is scared of it, and I have only coaxed him through it a couple times. Wonder why? Maybe he had some trauma in the past about going through small holes? Who knows?

Another death: brother-in-law's uncle passed away. I just could not go for the visitation since the deceased is at the same funeral home where DH was. And I can't go to the funeral either; it's just too soon -- especially just having my step-dad die early last month.

I'm beginning to believe this quirky take on a quote:

"It's always darkest...just before it goes totally black."

I won't say this year can't get any worse, because it always can. But I'll say this: the only funeral I'll be attending again this year would HAVE to by my own.

No comments: