My Novels

Friday, May 19, 2006

Priceless Quote

Just a brief post, with a quote too good to pass up for widows/widowers:

Widower: "When someone dies, people invariably ask a list of questions about the causes of the death, length of the illness, was there suffering involved, etc."

Response: "Just what would you like to know in order to confirm, for your own comfort, that Justice has been served, that there is Order in the Universe, God's goodness is confirmed, Karma is balanced, etc?"


Sure have "been there, done that" during the past months since DH died. People can be sooo rude, and sooo in denial that DEATH itself comes to ALL human beings, no matter how hard they try to avoid it. The Grim Reaper always gets us, sooner or later. (As a creative writer/poet, I've ALWAYS dealt with death and it should NEVER be a shock or surprise that it happens.)

Closing on this farm will be Tuesday afternoon at 4:00. Whoopee, I'll be "free" of chores here once I'm gone. It will probably be at least two weeks before I move, due to improvements at the house in town, but I'm anxious to move. Sure, I'll be sad in some ways to leave here, but frankly, I am not a "farm" person and cannot wait to get back to city life. Hopefully I will eventually have more time to actually write, instead of work every day doing farm chores!

No comments: