My Novels

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Today I biked the "killer loop" -- over five miles of pure country highway! Whew! Though I'd been biking every day, just riding in the nearby subdivision and/or nearby road...was NOT keeping me in shape. This killer loop has some steep hills, some flat stretches, a good workout combination. It's overcast, muggy outside today, and when I got back from the mall, I decided I'd tackle the loop. I got VERY hot, but it was worth the effort. I hope I can start riding the loop almost daily, especially when it cools down again. I have to go between 1:00 and 2:00 when traffic is light, otherwise it'd be taking my life in my hands if I have to fight LOTS of late afternoon traffic.

Here's some good news about women who've taken the birth control pill in the past. I took it for over 10 years until I had my tubal ligation done at age 30. So it looks like I'll be HEALTHIER than those who didn't take the birth control pill.

Study: Pill Cuts Cancer, Coronary Risks

Overall, "there's an 8 percent risk reduction of ever having cardiovascular disease" among women who had ever taken birth control pills, said the lead researcher, Dr. Rahi Victory of Wayne State. "If you use oral contraceptives early on, you're probably going to be protected later in life."

Women on The Pill also had a 7 percent lower risk of developing any form of cancer - a small benefit that increased with length of use, Victory said. For example, women who took birth control pills for four years or more had 42 percent lower risk of ovarian cancer and 30 percent lower chances of developing uterine cancer.


Wow! Young ladies need to take these, if they want to help their health as they age, I suppose. I've heard that some medical insurance companies won't cover the cost of the pill...and if that isn't the stupidest thing I've ever heard of, I don't know what is. I mean, for God's sake, anyone KNOWS that it is cheaper to use the pill than to have a gaggle of snot-nosed kids!!!

I did some housework when I got back from the bike ride, and now have to fix a chef salad for our meal later. I am on a semi-diet, in that I want to lose a few pounds. I've gotten up to 105, and NOT happy about it!



No comments: