My Novels

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Unfortunately some bad news: my cat, Tiny, had to be put to sleep. I let her stay in the house last night, because her breathing was so labored (although she is not an outside cat, had stayed on the sunporch with the other cats). This morning she was in really bad shape, so I called the vet and took her in. She had a virus that causes fluid retention, and there's no cure for it. The good news is that she didn't have leukemia, which I'd feared since a couple of my other cats had that. At any rate, I am sure going to miss her -- she'd been here over five years, and was a stray I took in.

I didn't go on my bike ride today, since the vet visit took most of the morning. Plus, my knees are sore and need at least a day's rest from biking. I weighed 88 lbs this morning...so I can afford the break.

War in Iraq continues...and today I read reports that the U.S. had bombed the building in Baghdad where journalists were staying. And also that a bomb hit a couple of Arab media/news outlets. I guess soon there will be NO credible news coming out of Baghdad, and the killing can go on unabated -- of civilians and whoever happens to be in the way. It is disgusting, sickening to have such total destruction/killing of humans taking place at the hands of the U.S and G. W. Bush. History will not be kind to the U.S. or Bush when all is said and done in this period of time.

Guess that's it for now. I'm rather depressed and sad about losing Tiny, not to mention the war casualities...and don't feel much like writing any more today. I'll close with this quote:

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups." --Anonymous

No comments: