My Novels

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Beautiful day here in the South, perfect for biking. I went on my ride early, and had the park trail all to myself, great! I thought maybe the ride would improve my mood, since I am beginning to feel the start of a depression. I don't know exactly why, but I do have these deep, dark spells that start with just a blue mood, constant, dismal thoughts, and wind around down until I'm thinking about suicide. Not that I've attempted it outright, but I think some of my past starvation/anorexia and other health-related self-destruction are forms of suicidal behavior. It's not the world situation, or my life...(and not hormonal, for I'm past most of that stuff)...rather, just a dark feeling about the human condition/existence in general.

I see that the pentagon is trying to get Geraldo out of Iraq, saying he endangered the troops by something he said/did on camera. Now that IS wrong, and no credible journalist would do that -- but then, Geraldo is a showman, not a journalist anyway. Is Faux News taking responsibility for his actions? Don't know, since I never watch it long enough to find out; I think that's one of the most irritating news channels on the air. I did see that Peter Arnett has another position, though not with the American media.

I'll close with this quote, which sort of sums up my feeling these days:

"What does it matter to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?" ~ Gandhi



No comments: