My Novels

Saturday, April 05, 2003

I didn't go on my bike ride today, since Saturdays are usually the day kids and/or baseball games are going on in the park. I got up late, put on a roast in my crockpot for our evening meal. I have been eating more or less fairly balanced meals lately, as well as having a small desert each night...and haven't gained any, still at 90 lbs. I attribute this partly to regular exercise (biking daily) and the supplements I take that help convert food into energy, as well as fat-burning pills. See my CR Diet Journal for more on that, if you're interested; link in the right-hand sidebar.

I had to run a few errands in town...then when I got home, I used the exercise bike I bought for five bucks at the Salvation Army store the other day. I used the machine for 20 minutes and went 3 1/2 miles. Fortunately it has a mileage gage, as well as a speedometer; stayed around 15 miles per hour too. I got hot, and it seems to work fairly well. I still haven't decided if I'll sell my Nordic Track ski machine, but I probably will eventually.

Otherwise, life goes on! The war in Iraq still rages, though the media here would have us believe it is all but over. I don't think so!

I'll close with this quote from Charlie Reese's column regarding the U.S. news media not showing the dead bodies of our own soldiers; I agree with his viewpoint totally.

"It is not the job of journalists to protect the sensitivities of people or to participate in American propaganda. Those ugly pictures of young Americans, their faces mutilated by bullets and shrapnel, are the true face of war. That's what war is: death, mutilation and destruction. Why hide from Americans what they wanted? The polls say 70 percent or more support war. Well, you should be willing to look at what you support — all of it, not just a censored, prettified version of it." --Charlie Reese

No comments: