My Novels

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Very, very good news! My brother-in-law's cath test today showed he had absolutely NO blockage in his heart arteries! Everyone is SO relieved. However, the doctor said that probably his "tired" feeling might be due to the medication he takes for mitral valve prolapse (which he's had all his life, and had no major problems with). At any rate, my sister sure was glad to get this ordeal over with, as well as know that nothing major is wrong.

Whew, I'm beat. Night before last I didn't sleep a wink, and didn't sleep well the night before that either. I go through these weird spells (probably hormone related) where I just can't sleep. I took a mild sleeping pill last night, because I had to have some sleep before the trip today. But then when I had to wake up at 5:00 in order to get ready, I felt like a truck had run over me! I was about half-asleep the whole day, I think; and I feel so exhausted too.

Yet when we finally got home, I went on a short bike ride because I thought it would help me sleep tonight.

Yesterday afternoon I sat in the vet's office for two hours in order for the vet to see the kitten. The mom cat was taken in to be spayed, and I'll go pick her up tomorrow. She was fine when I called late this afternoon, so maybe it'll be relatively easy on her. The vet said that the kitten just had some mild congestion, and gave me some antibiotics and more eye ointment. Otherwise, she said it seems okay, even though I told her about the other kittens dying. I have the little scamp in the house, and still hand-feeding it, for it really seems too young to lap up gruel...although it's teething and probably could, but just won't. I don't mind hand-feeding it though. I'm not sure if I'll put it back with mom cat, or just let it stay indoors. It's been so fragile that I will probably keep it inside. Today the kitten is five weeks old.

And now I'm going to get some rest! Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel normal again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic