My Novels

Monday, June 14, 2004

I spent a busy morning: Had to take Bitty kitty to the vet to get her stitches removed. I dropped her off there, then took some DVDs back to the library, and stopped by the Salvation Army store. When finished shopping, I picked up Bitty and we came back home. It only takes 10 minutes to drive to town from our house.

The Salvation Army store moved across town, and has a much larger building now, more stuff! I needed some clothes to wear around the house, and usually can find a bunch there -- like going to a yard sale, sort of. I spent $12.50 and had all the clothes I could carry! Am I cheap? Why yes, yes I am...at least when I can save by finding bargains.

Yesterday afternoon we went on a drive, and it was relaxing to get away from working here for awhile. If we're here, we're working on one project or another, it seems. Next weekend we're going to get three sets of green shutters for the front of the house; and also a lovely Victorian-styled screen door to put on the front doorway. I saw the screen door at Lowe's and it will really add an old-fashioned touch to the house, I think.

I haven't mentioned anything about my weight in some time, but I am staying between 98-101 pounds, and can't complain. If I get up to 101, I just cut back on calories for a day or so, not eating any sweets. I believe I could eat all I want of ANY food, except sweets, and stay around 100 lbs. I still ride the bike every afternoon, if it's not too hot. At any rate, I haven't been on a diet in almost a year now...and so far, so good.

Last night Kitten (looks like that'll be her name!) took a nap, and when she woke up, she was in a very sweet mood -- at least for a short time. :-) I snapped some pictures, and will post them below.


Being sweet for a change! Posted by Hello


Just awakened from nap Posted by Hello

I'm outta here -- have a lot of housework to do, including mopping floors now!

No comments: