My Novels

Monday, May 24, 2004

You know, sometimes we ignore all the evidence to the contrary and HOPE we are wrong. But I'm beginning to believe THIS country place is cursed. If you haven't been reading the blog long, you can check out this ENTRY where I have a photograph and explanation about "Dracula" visiting me here. At any rate, I am sooooooo upset with the kitten situation. The one is still alive, but I fear it'll die any day now. Never had this happen to ME before, so naturally I'm feeling a bit spooked and turn to the supernatural to explain. (Isn't that what most humans do?)

I mean, what IS the point of life, after all? You're born, you die, etc. And think about this quote: "Life is a bitch, then you die." Actually isn't that the TRUTH? Why else would I title my blog "Mad, Mad World?"

Think about it: Here we are, struggling and trying our best, and yet...shit happens. You save, you prepare and yet...all your efforts are in vain, because you know what? That knot you found under your arm? Well, it's cancer and you have only a few months to live. LIFE MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER! You go in for plastic surgery, but on your way home, you are in a horrible car wreck that RUINS your face! What a joke, huh?

And IF there's a God, he sure has an ironic sense of humor, huh? Think about it: a baby is born, raised with loving parents and THEN joins the army and is sent to...Iraq. Killed the second day over there. Does that make any sense? Nope.

I believe that what drives many, many people to addiction (drugs, liquor, etc) is the NEED to "not care"...which drugs/liquor will do.

Perhaps this quote says it best: "Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think." -Jean de la Bruyere

As humans we want to care, but some of us...we just can't. It will drive us to suicide.

No comments: