My Novels

Friday, May 21, 2004

Sad, sad...bad news. Just when I was confident enough to post pictures of the kittens, thinking for sure they'd make it, one dies. The yellow tabby was fine this morning when I checked on them; I let mama cat out, and later went to the grocery store.

When I got back, I opened the door to the shed to let mama cat back inside...and found the yellow tabby kitten lying on its side in the box, dead. I have no idea WHY, and certainly, mama cat had nothing to do with the death. The kitten was healthy-looking, and fat, had been starting to walk around some, seemed curious. Sh--t! Now I figure it's just a matter of time till the black-and-white kitten dies; it doesn't look as healthy as the yellow one did. In fact, I am surprised it has lived this long.

IF this last kitten dies, I'll take Bitty kitty, the mama, to the vet next week and have her spayed. I sure don't want to let her have more kittens. She seems to have been a good mama, but regardless, there was obviously something internally wrong with these kittens. I'm glad I did take them all to the vet early on, so at least I feel there's nothing I could have done to prevent the outcome.

It is HOT, HOT, HOT and HUMID here today. Sweltering almost, and we're not even into June.

On a better note, the rental check arrived in the mail today, hurrah!! I sent both my nephews gift-cards from Target and Wal-mart -- one is graduating this year, the other one is getting married. This way they can buy whatever they wish, especially since they were fairly large dollar amounts for each.

And that's it for today.

No comments: