My Novels

Monday, June 23, 2003

Just a brief entry today. I’m feeling better, though not as well as normal. I did manage to go on my bike ride the past couple of days, since I felt it was necessary. Was having occasional cramps in my calf-muscles, due to no exercise! Also, last week I weighed 93, but have dropped back to 90 by cutting down on calories and the biking.

DH’s bid on the property was not accepted, but neither was the next highest bidder. Guess we’ll wait and see what the finance company hopes to get out of it.

In the meantime, we looked at a lovely older house in the Historic District...about five blocks from where we now live. The house needs lots of work, but some of the renovation is being done by whoever recently bought it; they seem to have stopped though, and just put it up for sale. It’s not as reasonably priced as these foreclosures we’ve been looking at, but not out of our reach either. I would LOVE to have another house, and particularly that one, as I see much I could do for improvements in simple, inexpensive interior decorating. Plus, it’s a nicer, quieter neighborhood with larger lots, more space between the older, huge homes. We’ll see, I guess.

Sooner or later, I am sure we will move; just a matter of finding the RIGHT place in the RIGHT location. We spent almost all of yesterday looking at houses/property...

And so it goes...

No comments: