My Novels

Monday, June 30, 2003

The great Katherine Hepburn died yesterday. I simply couldn't let her passing go by without commentary. I think she is one of the all-time GREATS of Hollywood (perhaps because she shunned Hollyweird in general). What an independent free-thinking woman -- imagine, a woman NOT being married OR having children. Goodness knows, there seems to be NO actresses willing to become this kind of role-model today!

Here's some of my favorite quotes by Katherine:

"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer."

"I often wonder whether men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then." (Wow, so TRUE! :-)

"I've been loved, and I've been in love. There's a big difference."


Otherwise, I'm still undecided about moving/houses/property. Over the weekend, DH and I revisited the 16 acres and house out in the rural area. The foreclosure price has been reduced, and it is within our realm of financial possibility now. However, I am not sure I WANT to live out in the country (as I've stated in other entries). Yet, it is so QUIET and SERENE out there, no annoying HUMANS to bother you...makes me sort of think I might like living in such privacy and seclusion. We'll see, I guess. DH is wild about the place, since he could have his horses there and build a huge barn, etc.

I'm still feeling well, physically. I also went on my bike ride both Saturday and Sunday. And today, at noon, once I returned from the grocery store. I weighed 90 lbs this morning. It's dark outside now, raining, and will continue this for the next day or so, due to the tropical storm heading our way from the coast.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I fear that I am afraid of taking a RISK....



No comments: