My Novels

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Par for the course

Nephew and friend never showed up. Didn't call, so I called him and left a message saying "Let me know if you can't do this today?"

Nothing. Nada.

Also didn't hear from the electric company, though the owner promised to let me know if they got the part for my unit.

See why I'm exasperated with hiring so-called help?

I was so furious with my nephew, I'll probably never speak to him again. (Not an idle threat, since I've carried this out to the fullest extent in the past.)

I've just had a bad, depressing day, the kind that makes you want to die, which is still a possibilty on the table.

It's fairly obvious, but when you can't even hire relatives to help you -- what makes folks think they will without money?

Sad, isn't it? I feel sorry for all the people breeding and thinking they will have someone to take care of them in their old age. Not going to happen.

No comments: