My Novels

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Brief Update

My new Nikon camera will arrive tomorrow -- at least that's the UPS tracking info. I can't wait! I do hope to develop into an amateur photographer; it's always been a passing interest, but maybe I'll devote more time and effort to it now. Mostly I'll probably take pictures of landscapes/pets/wildlife around this area. And I have always wanted to create a photo collection of old broken-down barns, houses, etc. I'm currently reading a lot of material about photography, so that's keeping me busy too. While I will always post some photos here, I may also develop a website just for my photography eventually. We'll see, I suppose.

Anyway here's several photos taken with my old cheap digital camera yesterday. We had thunderstorms, a cold front coming in, so the sky was ominous and yet beautiful, which prompted me to snap a few pictures.





And here's a picture of my new wooden shutters for the window in our den/TV room; DH built these, and I love them because I can open them during the day and brighten the room, then close at night for privacy.



Sunday afternoon we went to see the movie, "Walk the Line." I must admit it was waaaay better than I'd thought it would be. I came away with a better understanding of June Carter, since I really didn't know much about her. I've read Johnny Cash's autobiography, and knew a lot about him. It's definitely worth seeing, since the story is inspirational and the music is just like attending a concert (except that Reese Witherspoon CAN sing, and unfortunately June couldn't).

I have some sort of mild cold; feel congested and tired, sore throat, but hopefully it'll pass soon.

And that's it for today.

No comments: