My Novels

Thursday, March 24, 2005

I have felt so badly that I haven't written an entry for a long time.

My back is still causing me a lot of pain, and I'm scheduled to have an MRI tomorrow afternoon. Maybe something will show up, so the doctor can make a diagnosis. It feels as if the pain is radiating from the center of my spine, down the left hip, leg and sometimes even my left foot is numb. I know this is "classic sciatic nerve" problems, or disc trouble but no one is SURE that's what it is. A diagnosis should help me get relief/treatment...either with an orthopedic doctor or a chiropractor. Either way, I DO need some pain relief, and at times not even the pain killers work.

For several nights I've tossed and turned, not slept well. This morning I woke at 3:00 hurting terribly, so I got up and walked around. Sometimes that helps alleviate the pain, but not this morning. Eventually I surrendered to a pain pill, though it didn't work for an hour or more, and by then I was ready to get OUT of that torturous bed.

Movement seems to help somewhat, but I haven't been able to use the airbike for about a week now. So far, I've not gained any weight -- but I DO miss having regular aerobic workouts.

Our weather in Dixie has been glorious, springlike. We did have storms yesterday but the worst of it passed us by. All the rain sure helped the grass turn brilliant green, buds start sprouting, and even our Bradford Pear tree is about to bloom. Ah, if only my aching back would stop, I could enjoy it more.

That's it for now. I'm using the QuickPad, and will post this tomorrow morning.

No comments: