My Novels

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Still alive....still slaving away at the old house. DH and I got a lot accomplished this past weekend, mainly installing the huge picture window. What a job that turned out to be! But it looks fantastic, and I hope to have a picture of it soon. We also bought some dark green shutters (same color as the new entryway door) and put those on each side of the new window, which created a great effect as you approach the place from the road.

Needless to say, we worked all weekend; I got the exterior window trim painted on the front porch, and cleaned the windows. We also have put one coat of white paint on the siding, and need to add another; then we can put down the plywood sub-floor and then the rugs. We also put a coat of sealer on the brick fireplace and hearth; that makes it look better, and is easier to keep clean. Everything is really shaping up nicely.

I've been riding my bike each morning lately, and later today I plan on going back to the old house and painting the trim around the inside of the picture window. DH will meet there around 4:00, we'll get a meal at Kentucky Fried Chicken (one is in the nearby mall) then work on putting down the laminate wood flooring in the den/dining room.


I spent most of yesterday cleaning out some old books and junk from my study, and got those all boxed up. Probably will sell them at a yard sale or donate to the Salvation Army store. Since we're moving, it's a good time to get rid of unnecessary things -- and downsize. I also cleaned out the bottom kitchen cabinets, discarding a bunch of stuff I never used. I may give that to one of my nephews who is getting married next June. Next I'll tackle the closets, yuck!

Overcast here, but mild temps...more rain tomorrow. It's beginning to look like an early Spring here, and I am hoping we're moved in time to take full advantage of it...this is one of my favorite seasons, other than Fall.

I finished reading a good novel, "All is Vanity" by Christina Schwarz I highly recommend this novel, if you are at all interested in being a writer. The protagonist is a woman struggling to write a novel. This author also wrote, "Drowning Ruth," an Oprah book club selection -- but I didn't like that one as much as the most recent novel.

Gotta run, lots to do today!

No comments: