My Novels

Thursday, March 20, 2003

I didn't sleep well last night, and of course, everyone knows the reason. But I got up early and went on a long bike ride, further than I normally ride, hoping to work off some of the anxiety and tension of a world gone mad (at least partly, IMO).

Life just seems to have become to a crashing chaotic mess ever since GW has become president, and IF I were superstitious and/or religious, I'd think he and his dad have a curse on them. But since I'm not, I can only hope that whatever the outcome of the war/conflict now underway it will not create more problems than it solves. As I've stated before though, it's a sad day for so many...so very many, our troops in harm's way and those who are (like ordinary citizens worldwide) unable to do much and feel helpless.

I'm not going to comment on war news, because I'm sure everyone will get enough of that elsewhere in the media. Unless something really catches my eye, that is.

Here's a couple of news articles that might get overlooked in the midst of all that war news though:

Top White House anti-terror boss resigns


WASHINGTON, March 19 (UPI) -- The top National Security Council official in the war on terror resigned this week for what a NSC spokesman said were personal reasons, but intelligence sources say the move reflects concern that the looming war with Iraq is hurting the fight against terrorism.

"Hardly a surprise," said one former intelligence official. "We have sacrificed a war on terror for a war with Iraq. I don't blame Randy at all. This just reflects the widespread thought that the war on terror is being set aside for the war with Iraq at the expense of our military and intel resources and the relationships with our allies."

====

CDC Cites 11 U.S. Mystery Illness Cases

ATLANTA (AP) - The mystery illness that has killed at least 14 people around the world has apparently hit the United States, with health officials investigating 11 suspected cases - all involving people who have recently traveled to Asia.


And I think that's it for now. I'm going to try and get some rest later, since I feel just awful from lack of sleep.

No comments: