My Novels

Thursday, January 02, 2003

Today's prompt: What would your motto be for the place you're at in your life right now? Is it different than it would have been five years ago? 10? 20?

Oh my, yes! Yes my motto for the place in my life is vastly different now than even a couple years ago. Isn't that how it is with aging? Every different life stage has a different meaning, a different goal, a different perspective.

I would say my motto now is: Enjoy today, live in the moment, for you never know if tomorrow will come.

I could elaborate on this, but I really think it's clear what I mean. As you age, you realize that THIS moment, THIS very minute may be all you have. As my wonderful grandmother used to say: "No one is promised tomorrow." She lived to be 92, but never stopped living by that motto. So I would have to claim it as mine at this stage of my life.

No comments: