My Novels

Friday, January 17, 2003

I really should run some errands in town, but it is soooooo cold out there today. Here in Dixie we're not accustomed to frigid temps, and even though the sun is shining brightly, there's a stiff wind and temps are hovering at 25 degrees. BRRRRR!

We didn't get any snow, and as usual, mass hysteria was whipped up to a frenzy by the local weather forecasters and news media. I suppose there was no 'real' news, so they sent out crews to grocery stores to see why people were buying stuff. One lady said, "I always buy enough fixings so I can bake if I get the urge." I'd rather just look at the snowy landscape than spend it standing over a hot oven. I loathe/hate cooking, and the only interest I have in food is knowing what is healthy and low-calorie -- and quick to prepare.

I didn't bike today, due to the cold. But I did use my ski machine, and hopefully my knees won't suffer from that. Did some housework, and I'm about to work on a writing project the remainder of the afternoon.

And that's all for today.

No comments: