My Novels

Friday, January 01, 2021

New Year's Day 2021!

 What can I say about 2020? Like most people I'll just say, "Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out! BYE!

Let's see...my life. I'm sitting here as the place seems to be falling down around me, maintenance I've put off due to the pandemic. This morning a rattan shade on my back porch was wind-whipped till it fell apart. NOT climbing a ladder to take it down, managed to just tie up ends. Add it to the growing list of stuff to be done. And still not sure I want to bother with all this...the tedious jobs of home upkeep.

Good news though: I completed a novel, "Wilding Castle." It had been in my mind for some time, and concerns Covid in present time, but also a love story, sadness too, but with a happy ending. I didn't even outline or build characters first; just started writing and it took over! I am not sure how I will market it, but leaning toward the new app publishing platforms. I like KDP, but authors have to do a lot of marketing, and I rather focus on writing instead of the PR work. But at least I accomplished something this past year!

I want to hope 2021 will be better, brighter. And I do. On the other hand, when you are in a dark place (even in fiction) it takes time to work your way toward the light. Give it time. And unless something falls in on my head, I'll probably keep putting off maintenance until I feel it is safer to get this stuff done. 

However, I am still assessing whether I want to remain here -- or buy a condo, rent or...perhaps assisted living. It would be nice to live in comfort, others doing the daily chores while I could write, and not be bothered with all the physically demanding tasks that are getting more and more difficult. 

Alas, time will tell. Or fate. Or the simulation programming (which I'm considering for my next novel idea).

Cheers!

 

No comments: