My Novels

Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Pandemic Fall edition

Perhaps that's an optimistic title, but it is finally becoming a bit cooler here in the South. Not yet comfortable, but a general trend in that direction. Now if only the grass would stop growing. Alas, not yet!


Life has been dubbed, "the new normal" now...with a statewide mask mandate in our region, which has helped lower the numbers of Covid. Kudos to our state governor, a lady that had the best interest of the public, despite being a republican! I read an article that stated that women leaders had handled the pandemic better, and I would guess that is because we value LIFE over DOLLARS. Not all, mind you, but the majority. Also, it takes an iron will not to bow to political pressure, especially when the bully-in-chief of America randomly targets those who prefer to be safe rather than rich. Let's face it folks: If you are dead, you won't have to worry about your financial situation. On the other hand, if you take reasonable precautions (masking, sanitizing) and live to fight another day, you can THEN take care of financial aspects. 


At any rate, Covid is still out there -- everywhere. Lurking, just waiting to pounce on crowds, those stuffed in close quarters, unmasked, striking again and again. There is so much distrust of the current occupant at the White House, due to his outrageous lies, constant fabrications and fantasy scenarios that it is unlikely very many will get vaccinated IF a vaccine is available soon. Personally, I would NOT, especially if it comes out before the election. Far too convenient for him, and unless this can be overcome, I don't see a majority volunteering for it. In fact, in forums I often see even his devoted followers stating they won't get the vaccine; after all, deep down, they know what a fraudster he is!


My life rolls along, not that different than it has been -- with the exception that I haven't had visits with my sister from a nearby large city in ages. It still seems risky, since her husband has some lung issues and could be at higher risk. I do my weekly grocery shopping, any errands (though few) and continue onward. 


I do have some outdoor work that needs to be done: my back porch needs some carpentry work, and my privacy fence needs some repair. I just keep putting it off, hoping the Covid situation continues to improve. My fence is the immediate problem, as it is leaning -- but I have it well-braced right now. With Fall coming, the leaves will soon be flying and I'll be trying to stay ahead of the avalanche, even though I have yard care. 


I've been reading a lot, just finished Michelle Obama's book. Truly enlightening and she can write! So sad to see so much she and Obama tried to accomplish tossed on the ash-heap of everything Trump has destroyed. If he's there for 4 more years, the government will be dismantled -- though few seem to realize what is at stake! Anyway, I am catching up on a lot of bestselling fiction, since I am able to check out ebooks from the library. 


As for writing, I don't seem to have anything to say. That is the reason no updates at this blog. I do have story ideas, but can't seem to get motivated to write. For several years now, I lack the motivation; it seems a waste of time, and who knows how long any of us have, especially during a pandemic? More and more, I just coast...waiting to see what happens next...


And that is it for today. 

No comments: